June 7, 2017

Pixel Painting - Pixel Pikachu (Pokémon Mystery Dungeon)


This painting was done as a donation to a local fundraiser. This was my contribution to a Pokémon-themed prize pack. It's a decent size at 20"x20".

I searched through many Pokémon games to find the exact style of sprite I was looking for. After searching through the highly recommended Spriters Resource, I decided on a sprite from Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness on the Nintendo DS.


I changed up the usual background too. I went back to basics and found the grass tiles from Pokémon Red/Blue/Yellow and colorized them myself. I like the way it turned out, and it's way more interesting than the standard solid color or gradient shading background.

Commissions are always welcome. Price varies based on the size and complexity of the sprite/scene. I moderate comments, so feel free to leave one with your contact email and request and I'll get back to you ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment